YOUNG PERSONS YOGA
Developmentally appropriate practices for young people.
At their homes, in outdoor spaces, within organisations and schools.
A series of yoga lessons revolves around a theme that is suited to the students:
- For teens, this may be physical posture for daily life, self-acceptance, sustainable yoga.
- For 7-11 year olds, it might be caring for each other, the body, the biosphere.
- For younger children, people who help us, a trip to the beach.
As a highly experienced educator, Carol plans each series carefully, with multi-dimensional progression and variety to foster:
Focus and concentration
Ability to relax
Social skills & empathy
Creativity and imagination
Content of Sessions
All sessions include:
- Body-mind movement, use of the breath, relaxation.
- A selection of creative art, yoga sequencing, yoga games, music, stories, poetry, knowledge, mindfulness, yoga dance or Qi Gong.
- Gradually, as self-awareness grows, students internalise the experiences so that they become able to connect their yoga practice to their daily lives which enables them to thrive.
Carol has taught many non-English language users, so will happily lead sessions that simultaneously strengthen understanding of English within the setting of yoga.
She is particularly experienced in the application of yoga to enhance sensory integration.
YOGA FOR FAMILIES & FRIENDS
Family yoga develops calm, playful and loving connections as parents and children work in partnership. Yoga with friends is great fun, the atmosphere that is cultivated develops understanding and empathy as the students assist, relax and partner each other.
Carol leads sessions for families and friends with children and adults of all ages, including parents and grandparents. This can be a series of sessions or a one-off for a special occasion.
HIKING YOGA & CHILDREN'S YOGA
Carol's positive influence over my two girls has been amazing,
teaching them to be aware of their feelings,
embrace the positive power of yoga and to grow a connection with nature.